Local management for the ever-increasing criticality of data center resources
Data centers house the crown jewels of business—customer, financial and employee information, as well as the critical applications that power a business. Protecting data center security and non-stop availability is a top priority for IT staff. However, supporting the data center’s network and IT infrastructure has its own unique challenges.
Data Center Management Challenges
To protect availability, problems have to be resolved quickly and accurately to minimize disruptions. Outages due to human error—the most common cause of outages—have to be minimized, and when they do occur, the mean-time-to-recover (MTTR) from them has to be swift and efficient.
Security threats take on even more importance at the data center. Systems must be patched rapidly to minimize the impacts of outside threats. Unauthorized changes have to be detected and quarantined quickly to not only ensure the protection of business-critical information that resides in the data center, but also to protect uptime.
In addition, routine maintenance procedures require standardization and consistency to protect system availability and security. Solutions are needed that can quickly and effectively address the availability, security and support challenges that administrators face in managing the data center.
Uplogix Protects Data Center Availability & Security
The Uplogix local management platform has been designed to address the challenges specific to the data center by:
- Providing a safety net by quickly pinpointing and recovering from erroneous configuration changes via the transaction-based, SurgicalRollback™ feature, preventing unscheduled downtime
- Rapidly reducing the MTTR from an outage through automated, rules-based diagnosis and recovery
- Removing the need to manage network-connected devices over the network through management automation and secure out-of-band access
- Protecting and ensuring security policies through a robust authentication, authorization and accounting model (AAA), and customizable user access controls
- Maintaining consistent, best-practice procedures for manually executing or automating hundreds of routine maintenance tasks including configuration, patch and policy management—which leads to cost savings, higher uptime and increased management security
Uplogix continuously monitors network devices and servers to proactively identify, diagnose and resolve potential problems and security threats autonomously—ensuring the highest level of data center availability and security. IT staff can also utilize the automated support features of the Uplogix to drastically reduce the time spent on routine data center maintenance tasks, leading to greater standardization and lower support costs.
Via the Uplogix Control Center, data center administrators can get up-to-the-minute operational data and visibility as well as integrate collected information into other existing management systems.